Header

Image Map

Thursday 19 June 2014

Aussie Curves- Denim

Who doesn't love denim? Part of the appeal is that it goes with anything, is comfortable and looks good in everyone.

Finding the perfect jeans as a pear shape can be a bit of a holy grail though. I love the City Chic bootleg jeans, however I am a bit miffed they don't make them in skinny leg! That, however, is a post for another day. 

Most people own a pair of jeans. There is another denim classic that I firmly believe every girl should own. 

A denim jacket. 




Let me extol the virtues of this must have item. 
- It is tran-seasonal. I have found that a denim jacket is perfect for all seasons . During the hotter months you can also buy short sleeved ones.
- It suits almost every style of dress, skirt or pants. Throw one on with a maxi dress. Wearing a pencil skirt and top ? Layer up with a jacket . Going from work to somewhere more casual? A denim jacket makes your black work pants look less business and more leisure .
 - It goes with every colour . I have found if I don't have a cardigan or jumper that suits an outfit my denim jacket will always suit. 
 - You can even do double denim if you are daring ! (I know some fellow curvettes have showcased this look this week so check out the links below).


Here are my tips if what to look for in a denim jacket


- A bit of stretch or a soft fabric. Denim can be quite firm so having a bit of stretch allows for better movement in your arms. It also allows you to layer up

- Go for either a cropped length or one tgst stops just on or before your waist. Any longer and you can look a bit too bulky. 

- A blue mid tone would be a good colour and most versatile .


Do you have a denim jacket? Have you seen one recently that is great? Share the love and comment below letting other's know about where to find a great jacket






4 comments :

  1. Agree a good denim jacket is a must have. Love your styling with yellow necklace and that great print, gorgeous 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the styling of this, it's so sophisticated and casual. Both items fit you like a dream. Just... really spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm good suggestions! I've been thinking about a denim jacket. You may have convinced me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a cropped denim jacket and it has served me well for yeeeears now. Great post. My jacket is actually very similar to yours but only has a 3/4 sleeve which makes it perfect for use almost all year round.

    ReplyDelete