Header

Image Map

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Aussie Curves - Picnic

As I was putting on a pretty dress for this week's challenge I thought about what I do on a picnic. It used to be that Hubby and I would head off for a picnic, I would have on a pretty  dress and we would take a basket of antipasto.

However, I realised that that is no longer really the case. Our picnics have changed. Here is why:


Our kids. Picnics are now much more complicated. They require more food (especially because Abbie is an Olive thief), and a whole manner of other paraphernalia. Scooters, Sunscreen, Shade, Prams, Nappy Bags.

 The clothing required has also changed. I now wear something I can move around better in. I need to be able to bend over, run after my Daughter, climb on play equipment and just generally be active.


This is more what I am likely to wear. Shorts so that I can move around (and avoid any chafing should it be a hot day), A light weight kimono that looks pretty while also protecting me from the sun. I wouldn't wear a necklace as it might become cumbersome. Instead I accessorise with earrings, so I can still look nice if I decide to put my hair up. Flat shoes that are comfortable are also a must.

Shorts - Best & Less
Top - Big W (Maternity)
Kimono Shrug - Supre
Shoes - Corelli
Earrings & Bracelet- Birthday gift 


While picnics are no longer the long, luxurious affairs they once were, they are still pretty special. We are now making memories as a family. I think that beats any pretty dress any day.

Want to see more?

Check out my 'Picnic' post from the first year of Aussie Curves. This is actually one of my all time favourite posts.

Want to read more about my life?

I recently shared a personal post about my (un) successful breastfeeding journey.

Check out what the other ladies in Aussie Curves are wearing to a picnic this week


5 comments :

  1. Gorgeous Janna, love that kimono , love bird of paradise prints. Enjoy making those special memories the time flies so fast ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous Kimono!
    I don't have children and I still love shorts and flat shoes for the practicality for a picnic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look very casual-chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fab- love the kimono.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it. best green energy

    ReplyDelete