Header

Image Map

Sunday 5 January 2014

Aussie Curves - New Years

Just putting it out there - New Years just isn't the same once you have young kids!The last few years Hubby and I have mostly stayed at home. Our New Year tradition seems to be to hang at home in our PJ's eating antipasto.

This year, we actually did have plans. We went to our Brother In Law/Sister In Law's place, which is one block away! The best bit about this arrangement was that we could walk over. My Husband drove over in advance and dropped of the food we were bringing, and Esky of drinks, and 4 litres of Berry & Lemon Sangria that I had made. Then we loaded up the kids into the pram and walked on over.




The day before I had been shopping and found this beautiful dress as City Chic. It was perfect for New Years because it was casual but still felt a little special, was super comfortable and was colourful.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the small fit me, given that i'm usually a medium in City Chic. However, the full skirt and ruched elastic back meant the samll fitted nicely.

Dress - City Chic
Denim Jacket - Crossroads
Necklace - Given to me by my Sister
Sandals - Kmart

I also painted my nails just for New Year. I am trying to look after my nails, so I borrowed my Sisters gel nail kit and did a little nail art. I loved the fun pop of the hot pink, and a bit of sparkle from the glitter polish was also perfect.

We had a great, low key New Year, talking to family and friends,playing scattergories and just generally relaxing.

I can't wait to see what 2014 brings. It is looking like it will be an exciting, and busy, year. Several friends are having babies around April/May so there will be a flurry of baby showers and births. The babies that were born last year will be turning One, and I will be a Stay At Home Mum this year while on Maternity leave.


I hope you have a wonderful New Year, I look forward to sharing my adventures with you this year!

P.S If you like the sound of the Berry Lemon Sangria I will share the recipe later in the week so be sure to check back!

8 comments :

  1. Happy new year chick! You look beautiful! I especially love the pops of turqoise from your accessories and pink from your lips and nails. Looks good! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I loved the pop of colour from the dress too!

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous, really cute outfit and well accessorised :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I wanted something that I felt good in. This was it. Peerfect way to start a New Year I think

      Delete
  3. You look so lovely in that dress! Happy New Year! :) Glad that you did something even with the kids in tow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too. It is my New Year resolution to take the kids out more, so this was a good start.

      Delete