Header

Image Map

Saturday 15 February 2014

One Pot Sausage Pasta

I was recently on the lookout for a meal that I could make with my dwindling supplies in Fridge/Freezer/Pantry. I have discussed before how I try to stretch out my grocery shopping when possible. I had sausages in the freezer, but no bread or bread rolls for a sausage sizzle. I also had some spinach from my garden that needed using as it was going to bolt.

I came across this recipe on Pinterest and realised that with some tweaking it would work.



1 tablespoon olive oil
1 Heaped teaspoon  garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
6 Sausages
2 cups chicken stock
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup milk
2 cups Macaroni Pasta
2 cups chopped spinach
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup cheese (Parmesan or Tasty - I used both)

In a pot heat olive oil and add sausages to the pan to cook (I cut mine up while raw, however you could also precook the sausages whole then slice) once half cooked add the onion and garlic. Cook until sausages are browned and onion partially cooked. 

Add in stock, milk, canned tomatoes and pasta. Stir well and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and continue to cook for a further 10 - 12 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent from sticking to the bottom.

In the last few minutes add in the veggies, stir well and put lid back on for the last few minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top and serve.

Voila! A super simple, one pot meal. I can see this meal being one you can easily adapt. Swap sausage for chicken (You may lose some flavour so add some herbs), Use whatever veggies you have on hand (Frozen pea/carrot corn or whatever is wilting int he bottom of the crisper) and use whatever pasta you have. 


No comments :

Post a Comment