Header

Image Map

Monday 30 December 2013

Aussie Curves - Christmas

Finally! I am able to take part in my first AC challenge postbaby!

Funnily enough, I have actually 'played along' with most of the themes, choosing outfits at some point in the week in accordance with the theme, but I just never got around to taking any photos, so they went unposted.

This week's theme should have been easy enough too, afterall, I was getting dressed up anyway, and surely there would be photos? Well... kind of. I yet again forgot to take any proper outfit photos! I was determined to take part though, and after coming home from a day of shopping I realised I was pretty much wearing the same outfit, just a different necklace, so I had Hubby snap some photos!


Peplum - City Chic
Skirt - City Chic
Sandals - Target
Necklace - Peeptoe

For Christmas Day I wanted something pretty, but comfortable. This outfit was just perfect. I had been lusting after the peplum trend, watching on in envy as so many different styles came out. However, as I was pregnant for most of this year, I could only watch on in envy. 

This is one of my firts purchases post baby! A beautiful floral peplum that can be worn casually or dressed up. What i love the most is that it goes in where i'm smallest, but also perfectly covers my soft post baby belly.

Another lusted after trend was pleather! I really didn't think this would look good, but this pencil skirt is a perfect fit. The best part about this skirt was that any mess spilled on it just wiped right off. A very neccesary feature when you have a newborn and a toddler.

My sandals are my current favourites. They are from Target and are just so comfortable! They actually slip on, with the back part being made from a stretchy velvety fabric. These shoes just seem to glam up the simplest outfit, and I am kicking myself I didn't buy the same pair in the cream and black colour that was also available. I can;t seem to find them instore at the moment. 

The necklace I actually purchased from Danielle (Danimezza) at the plus size market day that we participated in a few months back. It is by Peeptoe. I think it goes perfectly with the sandals, and also adds a bit of bling to a simple outfit. I will confess that I actually wore a different necklace on the day, but I prefer the look of this one! 

I hope you all had a Very Merry Christmas!


Check out what my fellow curvettes wore this silly season!

3 comments :

  1. gorgeous! the peplum looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that necklace! Janna you look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute! That top is perfect for you! :)

    ReplyDelete