Header

Image Map

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Movie Date.. with a gal pal.

I recently went out for dinner and a movie with a Mum from my Mummy group. It was a rare treat for both of us. Your life definitely becomes consumed by your little one when you become a Mum. Although both my Husband and I have made  a point of ensuring we get some time with each other, but also by ourselves. It is so important to not lose yourself when you have a child. I think many times, women especially, lose their identity a bit. They become 'Mum' , sometimes 'Wife', but forget themselves.  

My friend and I decided to go see a movie, in Gold Class, share a cheese platter and go out for cake and coffee after. We watched the Australian comedy 'Mental' Oh My Word - HILARIOUS! I would recommend it to anyone, especially if you have an affection for quirky Aussie humor  We both cackled and roared our way through the movie. 

Afterwards we gossiped while we enjoyed a coffee and a piece of red velvet cake. Sharing our trials and triumphs as Mothers, Wives and in other aspects of our life. It is a friendship that I certainly cherish. 


Dress - Big W
Jacket - Crossroads
Shoes - Kmart
Necklace - Lovisa
Belt - Came with another dress

I wanted to wear something a bit special, but still a little casual. My skater dress from Biw W was perfect for this. I really love this dress as it is a thick knit but still light enough to wear into the warmer months, with 3/4 sleeves so my arms are covered. The best part about it is hat it can be worn to work, dressed up for going out, and dressed down for the movies.


The denim jacket really helps make the dress more casual. I also really love wearing brown with black. It always seems to lighten it up a bit. I popped on a brown belt, and a pair of brown canvas wedges


The wedges are also a total steal at Kmart for $15. The are really comfortable and fit my wider foot. I bought them in black too, and plan on going back for a red pair first chance I get.

I felt comfortable but still a bit special in the outfit. I must also add, it felt like a real treat to be able to go out with just a small handbag containing a phone, wallet and lippie! Ah, such luxury!

Tell me, do you make sure you take time out for yourself and catch up with a friend? What is your favourite place to go with a gal pal?

No comments :

Post a Comment